The Canadian Entertainment Industry Retirement Plan (CEIRP) is the Savings & Retirement plan for most IATSE Locals, Directors Guild of Canada (DGC), Entertainment Partners Canada, Actsafe Safety Association and the BC Council of Film Unions – across the country.
Growing your savings for life after work makes sense.
And CEIRP makes saving easy.
No one should have to keep working past retirement age
simply because they can’t afford to stop.
That’s why CEIRP was created.
And as a member of one of the many participating unions/guilds,
CEIRP is a very significant – and important – part of your membership benefits.
The goal of CEIRP?
- Create an easy way to save – and provide flexibility and choice for your savings needs and goals.
- Negotiate super-low fees – to help you keep more of your money invested and earning over time.
- Provide education opportunities and communication– to help you make good personal decisions about finances and savings.
How to enroll and start saving
If you haven’t done so already, enrolling in your Canadian Industry Retirement Plan (CEIRP) is easy – and investing in your future is worth a few minutes to get started. There are just a few things you need to do.
- Get started by contacting your Local/Guild’s member services – they’re there to help and answer any questions you may have and connect you with your plan administrator!
- Review your CEIRP enrolment package and choose your investing approach
- After you’ve completed the enrolment process, Great-West Life will send you an email to confirm your account and to register for online access
- Register for grsaccess.com – this is how you will have access to your account and make any changes.
- Make sure you read emails from CEIRP to keep up-to-date on news, opportunities to learn, and more.
Learn more about CEIRP – and connect with your plan
- Go to ceirp.ca to get info on:
- The story of CEIRP, who runs the plan, and participating union/guild groups
- How the plan works, plan options, tips to make the most of your plan, using GRS Access to manage your plan and make changes
- How to enroll and start saving
- Things to consider as you get ready to retire – and beyond
- Watch your email for CEIRP news, articles, videos, learning opportunities and more.
- Use your GRS Access account to manage your plan and easily make changes.
- If you haven’t enrolled yet, you can see the investment funds available to you through CEIRP by logging on to Great-West Life’s grsaccess.com as a guest.
- ID 8360217
- Password: newguest
Questions or need some help?
Please contact our National Plan Administrator Melinda Davis at 416-362-2665
For enrollment packages contact Stephanie Milic at 416-438-3388 Ext. 2
Our I.A.T.S.E. Canadian Retirement Plan is sponsored by I.A.T.S.E. and administered by Great-West Life Assurance Company. The plan consists of two parts; the Registered Retirement Savings Plan and the Non-Registered Savings Plan. GWL offers a wide range in investment options including 5 Portfolio Funds, a Money Market Fund, a 5 Year Guaranteed Investment Fund and a Socially Responsible Balanced Fund. Members and employers can contribute up to equal amounts to the plan as a deduction directly through payroll and members may also make voluntary contributions. There is also a Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) option.